Friday, January 25, 2008

brrrrrrrrrr.............

Wow!  What a chiller!  There's a british expression for mornings like this, it's called "monkey-freezing," meaning cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.  Welp!  This morning, his balls fell off.  LOL

I went out early this morning, before light, to check the temp at my weather station.  It was 10 degrees.  Not so bad.  Then I looked up and discovered the zero was above the ten!  brrrr....

The big dip obviously didn't phase the big yellow/orange dude, of which we shall call Morris 2.  One of the cats wanted out before 5 this morning, and he was sitting on the porch.  Who knows how long he'd been out there.  Anyway, he was starved, so I took him out some food and warm water.

I'm looking to Shabbos.  The temps will be up and I'll get to go on another adventure without freezing my bum off.  :]

Have a great weekend!

Blogged with Flock

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know all about that monkey! It is really cold. Take care of the kitties today. Even if Jeff wants to spray down the cottage....have pity on him!

Anonymous said...

You have a nice weekend to and stay warm.

mrsmel said...

Man—we got down close to the big zero, but stayed above it. Sat. is expected to get up to 50°, and Sunday is forecast to be about 60°! YAY! Sending it your way. Huge hugs!