Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bindi of the jungle!


The boys and I went on another cool adventure today! This one goes down as the best yet, and only because of something wild that happened.

I was at the back of the pond looking for red fox tracks when I heard a loud noise above me. I thought it was a branch breaking off from the wind damage that had been done to the trees a couple days ago.

I jumped back, looked up to see which direction to run and get away from the falling branch when I saw a fox squirrel! He was so loud he sounded like a falling branch. AND! Speaking of falling! He did exactly that when he leaped to another tree to escape my stare!

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.......a 15 feet plop to the ground. I felt so sorry for him. He was big, heavy and landed with a thud. Unfortunately, for him - Bindi saw him hit the ground and the chase was on! I think he would have lost the chase if he hadn't slid past a tree and Bindi thought he ran up it. While Bindi was blasting up the tree - he raced up and over the hill.

Bindi was lucky he got away. Squirrels can beat up a cat with little to no effort. They've got one nasty, damaging bite.

Anyway, all of that action and I never got a bit of it on video. DRATS!!!!

So that was my exciting day! :]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A video would have been great! Where was Jeff while Bindi was being such a hunter?

Yobeeone said...

It would have been a great video!!!

I have no idea where Jeff was. He didn't show up till well after the chase was over. He would have loved it! I think he would have caught the squirrel too. He's way faster than Bindi. Although, that's the fastest I've ever seen him move. LOL