Monday, January 14, 2008

Adventure continued...

Back to our little adventure that took place Shabbos!  Each time I go up, I track down where the best mushroom places are.  Shabbos - I hit the jackpot!  There's a stump at the top of the hill that is nothing but one mass of chicken mushrooms!  I'm so excited!  It's got to put out at least a good 10 - 15 pounds or more of mushrooms come Spring.

I found a couple more logs that will prove excellent for foraging.  Combined, I should have an excellent year or more worth of dried mushrooms.  Of course, it will take me forever to dry them, but it will be worth it.  :]

The craziest moment was returning to the trail we climbed up on.  I missed it.  I missed it by a long shot, which wasn't good.  The ground was wet and covered with leaves and with my bad eye it's hard to tell where drop off points are when you're on top of them.  Drop off points mean falling off the cliff.

B"H, a couple trees showed where the potential drop offs were, and I managed to work around and find the right trail.  It was slick going down.  The trail was steep and partly covered by mossy rocks and wet leaves.  It was a recipe for the klutz to fall.  What saved my pride, was I could just picture Jeff and Bindi laughing at me if I'd slid to the bottom.  So I fought hard to stay on my feet.  :]

Those were the highlights of a fun day!  I'm heading off to nurse my aching migraine, which is a story for another day.  :] 

Have a great one!

Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I admire the fact that you can get out and do all that stuff. I would be exhausted. Were Jeff and Bindi with you? Why not give them a laugh, its the little things in life that make a kitty happy :-)