Thursday, February 28, 2008

There's a tree in my house!

brrrr....yesterday the windchill went down to 25 below. The cats hunkered down and went to sleep throughout the house and I rebelled and went looking for cottonwood trees along the creek bank because I want to make lip balm.

Anyway, I think I survived about 10 minutes before I grabbed several fallen branches and raced back to the cottage like a sissy. Jeff is happy with the branches. I think he's peed on all of them. lol

B"H, the sun is finally shining, so I'm outa here. I've updated Wrinkle World and the Pelican's Post. :] Catch ya later!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a glutton for punishment. Too cold to go out!

Yobeeone said...

Yip. I am. Actually, it's called being mental. lol

B"H, it's warmer today and it feels great!

Anonymous said...

How in the world do you make lip balm and out of cottonwood trees?

Yobeeone said...

It's a matter of making an infusion of cottonwood buds in almond oil and bees wax. :]

Unfortunately, I didn't find any cottonwoods while out, but I did find a ton of birch, so I might try making birch beer. :]