Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Poor Squeeky

Squeeky just put her nose to the propane heater and discovered there's no heat. We're all sitting here freezing our butts off. Yesterday the heater started spewing propane smell through the cottage, so it's officially shut off for the rest of winter. I'll get it fixed sometime before Fall.

Anyway, B"H, mom has back up heaters and I found a little electric one on sale at Walmart for $15. I saved $15 getting near the end of winter.

Meanwhile! I ditched my temp shelter in the woods and made a tepee! I haven't had one since I was 8. It was bright yellow with a red Indian warrior on the side. It had suction cup feet and could also be used outside.

My new one was built by me and is
made out of 4 long branches, bailing twine, two blue tarps and a burgandy shower curtain. That last one was added because I needed a door. :]

As a surprise! I was working on Tiger's obituary today. When he left over a week ago, his eyes were all glazed over and he had cat flu again.

Anyway, about an hour after I decided I couldn't bring myself to post his death, he came running through the door looking fantastic! Now I know one of the neighbours is taking care of him when he doesn't show up here. Naughty little boy. LOL

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so impressed always when I hear how you cope with things. I don't know many people that have that strength. So happy Tiger is okay and that Squeeky just had no heat and not a burnt nose....what I thought you were going to day!

Yobeeone said...

I have strength because I don't use deoderant! LOL!!!

I did a bit more experimenting with my silly stove and found I can let it run so long as it doesn't stop like they do when the room gets a certain temp. When it stops and also when it restarts itself it spews propane smell everywhere, I'm letting it run a few hours and then shut it off when I leave for the hill. So far, so good. :]

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

BH for kind neighbors.
Great ending to the story.
I love the teepee too.

Yobeeone said...

Can't wait till the weather improves so I can fix the gaps in my tepee and get the dome up. :]