Monday, March 3, 2008

There's a nag in my email. LOL

Checking in.  I've been enjoying the wonderful weather by avoiding anything to do with the inside of the cottage.  :]

A recap of the weekend: Yesterday, my brother hit a piece of ice and slammed his tiny convertible into a guard rail at 50mph.  The airbags opened, slammed his glasses against his face and gave him a black eye.  (yo giggles)

Sunday, I went searching for where I'm building my little log cabin.  It's 8' x 12'.  I found the perfect spot.  It's close to the stream that runs off the hill to the pond.  I'll be able to hear the waterfalls - and have to pee every 5 minutes.

Today, Jeff tried to breed Bindi.  Jeff's allergies are bothering him and he's sneezing everywhere.  We're under a flood watch.  My tepee may become my home tomorrow, at least for a few hours anyway.  :]

The hair on Bindi's tail is finally growing back.  He singed off a good part of the hair when he stuck it under the electric heater I borrowed from mom.  Yip. I stopped using the heater.  I should have known he'd never learn.  He singed it off with the same heater last year.  duh.  I didn't learn either.  :]

Today, I dug up some cattail roots.  I'm boiling them up tomorrow for lunch.  Yesterday I dug up more dandelion roots.  I made a tincture with most of it and tea/coffee with the rest. 

That's the short version.  (did you say short?)  Hope everyone had a great weekend! :]


Blogged with Flock

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nag is happy now!

Yobeeone said...

lol

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your brothers accident. How come your building a new cabin? Will you live in that cabin then and leave the one your living in now? We shaved Winnie's back this past summer because we thought she had a fungus and it's finally starting to grow back now too. It's taking it's good old slow time though. We tell the grandkid's that's where we put in her battery pack. lol

Yobeeone said...

My log cabin is totally primitive. I'm using only a hand ax to build it. :]

I'm doing it for the fun of it and to give me a place to go, since I never get off the farm to do anything but pick up groceries.

I'm building a fireplace in it, so it will be nice and cozy in the winter. I figure it will take me all Spring and into early summer before it's done.

ROFL about the "battery pack." That's hilarious!