Monday, March 17, 2008

The meowing grass patch

Yesterday (sunday), I was out hunting dandelions.  I found around 50 running along the fence line outside my kitchen window.  :]  That was good!  So, I continued my hunt around the side of the barn.  Didn't see much, so I wondered if any were growing inside the soil part of the barn.

I took a step forward and from somewhere under my foot, a cat meowed.  I stepped back.  Silence.  I waited a bit and stepped forward.  As soon as my foot landed on the soft patch of grass, it meowed again.  This time, I freaked and jumped back.  What the heck was under there????  How was it under there??????

I looked up to refocus and there was Morris, the big yellow/orange cat.  He looked at me and meowed.  "MORRIS!!! YOU LITTLE FREAK!!! YOU SCARED THE CRAP OUTA ME!"  I burst out laughing.  Talk about feeling like an idiot!

I was so caught up in looking for dandelions, that I was only aware of Bindi, Jeff and Squeeky off to my right, but never noticed massive Morris just off to the left.  (I'm still blushing.)

Anyway!  That's your afternoon or evenings entertainment!  :]  Have a great one!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved that!! scared the crap outa you? Oh my.....

Yobeeone said...

I nearly tinkled myself!!!

Anonymous said...

Are you going to make dandelion wine? I've had some of that and it's pretty tasty.

I can't believe Morrise scared you. I didn't think anything scared you. You seem so strong and unscareable. New word. lol

Yobeeone said...

I'll be roasting them and using them for coffee/tea. After I have enough put back for the year, I'll use the next batch of roots to make medicinal tincture.

I have one (dandelion tincture) going in the cabinet that has another 3 weeks to go before it's ready to use. I didn't have enough to make a very large batch this time, so I want another. :]

Jeff scares the crap out of me all the time. LOL I think he does it to keep me humble. :]