Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Having a ton of fun

That's the best way to describe today. To keep from repeating myself, go to Pelican's Post to see today's entry.

Now for the goodie. Strap yourselves to your chairs so you don't fall out laughing. I decided I need to improve my tepee. So, I cut down a new tree for a better third pole. It took about an hour with my Rambo knife and about another 10 to finish it off with my ax.

I pulled out my boy scout handbook to work on my pole lashing. My pole lashing was beautiful. I should take a pic.

Anyway, next on the list was setting it up and making sure the poles were strong enough for me to climb on. I jumped up, grabbed the poles and the next thing I knew, a pole snapped, my feet went out from under me and I went flying backwards landing on my head and upper shoulders. It was hilarious!!!! I'd loved to have had a video of it!!!

Anyway, my back hurts. My head broke the fall so it doesn't hurt. LOL

So, that was my exciting day! :] Hope everyone had a great one!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am wondering if you have ever been diagnosed with hyper activity disorder!!!! If you can do all this in crappy weather what is going to happen when the weather gets nice? Sorry about the back, I can feel your pain LOL. We are going to need pictures when this is all done.

Yobeeone said...

Ah shucks. It always sounds great on paper...or pc screen. :]

What I don't mention is that I sleep till 7:30 or 8:00 (I used to be up at 5:00 or 6:00). That I take a ton of naps. That my stupidity keeps my dystonia awake and pestering me. My tiny mind is shot and I have to use a chart to tell me to brush my teeth, wash my face, etc. LOL

Yip! I prefer the way it sounds on paper. It makes me sound like I'm normal. LOL

Unknown said...

I understand and in a way feel better because I am a nap taker and although get up early go to bed early too. You sound great on paper and I believe you are just as great in your life too - so there. You accomplish so much with lots of problems to deal with.

Anonymous said...

I probably would have laughed my head of when you fell(and hoping you weren't hurt) I've taken some pretty hillarious looking falls in the past, so I know how you felt. First thing I do is look around to see if anyone saw me. lol. Hope your back doesn't hurt too bad. I want to see pictures of your tepee when your finished.

Yobeeone said...

lol The first thing I did was rise up real quick to see if I had any skin left on my hands. LOL Then I cracked up laughing. :]

My neck and back feel a little funny, but I was surprised I didn't hurt like I thought I would this morning. B"H!

LO: Thanks! :]

PS: Jeff would like to send you the little pile of Wild Turkey scat we found on a trail today as a thank you for your compliment. Jeff looks very sincere. I'm worried.