Thursday, March 20, 2008

Post flood update

Geesh...I don't know where to begin.  First off, I wasn't able to sleep in the barn.  I was setting up my tent and my sinuses started getting to me so I had to leave.

So, I headed for the hill to set up there.  It was fun.  We had a surprise break in the rain, so I took advantage of it.  Jeff tried to help set the tent up.  Oh wait!!! No! He was trying to tear it down while I was trying to set it up.  LOL!!!

Anyway, I went back down to do some last minute preps and get my gear.  Jeff loves the rain so he had a blast splashing through the water in the field.  The bigger the splash, the more he loved it.

I had more last minute stuff to do than I realised and by the time I was ready - the rain started bucket down again.  We were now blocked off from the lower pasture, which meant no escape to the hill.

Basically, for two days I watched the water rise up the cottage, get close to coming in and lower...again and again and again.  By the second day, my attitude was, "Oh just flood the bloody cottage for goodness sake and get it over with!!!"  LOL! 

This morning mom told me about the 500 gallon propane tank she saw floating down the road last night.  I'd missed that one, that gives you an idea of how bad it was here. 

So, everyones prayers had to be what kept my little cottage safe, because it was seriously impossible for it to have stayed out.  Thanks!  :]

B"H, this morning life is getting back to normal.  I still have a ton of stuff to put back where it belongs, but at least the sun is shining and there's not a cloud in the sky.  :]

PS:  It's a good thing we never made it back to the hill.  The storm flattened my tent and blew it apart.  I'm going up later to collect the parts.  I'll take pics.  :]


Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you made it through this awful weather. I kept checking back her to see when you would appear. Boots thanks Jeff for the mouse :-) We lucked out too but are kind of socked in till the main road appears from under the water again.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you got through this OK. Must have really been a close one. You really do need to move to higher ground. Glad your OK