Friday, April 4, 2008

Friday morning round-up!

Good morning!

Jeff is crashed beside me on his favourite Avon box.  It sits next to the window by my pc so he can look out when he wakes up.  Sometimes he opens the lid, crawls in and goes to sleep.  :]

Meanwhile, the creeks are up.  The rain is still coming down.  I'm sitting here with a sore throat, achy head, achy body, etc hoping it doesn't flood after all.  This is what I get for not dressing properly with the fluctuating temps and not eating right.  My self-inflicted stupidity strikes again.  :[

On the bright side, it's giving me a chance to try out all my herbal tricks!  I've got garlic oil all over the bottom of my feet and between my toes to keep my lungs clear.  I'm using my homemade yarrow tincture to strengthen me lil' bod and fight off any possible infections.  I'm drinking garlic, ginger, honey and lemon juice tea by the quarts, along with TM's Gypsy Cold Care tea.  When mom gets home and if we're not flooded, we're going to Jim's so I can get more cheese cloth to make a garlic compress to put on my chest.  :] 

Oh! And I made up a big batch of "kitchen sink" soup: cabbage, onions, garlic, carrots, celery, barley, split yellow peas, brown rice, lentils, misso, amino acids and fresh parsley from my little batch in the back window.   See!  It's "kitchen sink" soup!  :]

I'm feeling queezy again, so I'm off to bed.  Have a great weekend!



Blogged with the Flock Browser

4 comments:

Unknown said...

With all the home remedies you should get better. With all the garlic you don't need to worry about anyone coming too close and giving them something or getting something new from them! Jeff must really love you stink and all LOL Get well, wishing you the best.

Yobeeone said...

I don't have to worry about vampires either! lol

(Jeff! Stop saying you want to drink my blood and put the fangs away. Evil child.)

Anonymous said...

Sorry your feeling so bad. I hope your home remidies work. I hate to tell you this but looking at the radar, there is allot more rain heading your way, so good luck. I hope you don't get flooded out. Hugs.

Yobeeone said...

The home remedies are doing a good job. My throat feels great. I have garlic oozing through my pores like mist floating off a swamp. LOL

The only thing left is waiting for my body and head to stop aching. Not hurting, just aching. :]

I just checked the radar again. So far, the storm had dropped below us so we shouldn't get much more rain. B"H. I'm sick of the stuff. Of course, I'll be k'vetching in June that I'm sick of the drought. LOL Never satisfied. LOL