Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Not the holiday I'd planned on. sulk sulk

Ok! So far, I've had a migraine for a good 3 or 4 days of my mini-holiday, which has led me to rebel and decide I'm not going back to work until next Monday. :]

Not much has been happening. Morris looks great! In fact, he's disappeared. I guess he's enjoying having his body back to normal.

Squeeky's abscess is slowly shrinking. Jeff is up to his usual antics. Bindi stuck his whiskers up my nose yesterday and got slapped. He was surprised. I guess he thought I liked his exceptionally long whiskers up my nose. LOL

Most of my time has been spent putting ice packs on my achy head, watching Stargate Atlantis reruns (i download them from itunes) and a very late spring housing cleaning. Oh! And I've been playing hours and hours of chess to help me forget about my achy head.

Back to cottage cleaning! When I had to use my crutches last week I discovered how non-handicap my cottage had become, so I'm working hard at getting everything cleared out.

Welp, I'm outa here! Off to do a wee update on my Bike/Running blog. I'll snoop around later this evening to read up on everyone's posts. Make it a great day! :]

7 comments:

My Road thru Life said...

Glad the cats are all feeling better but sorry to hear your feeling bad with an achy head. Is there anything you can take that helps when you get like that. Exceedrin Migraine seems to help Terry. Hope you feel better soon. Good luck with the house cleaning.

Unknown said...

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

The original cure for migraine was coca cola and why it was dispensed in drug stores.. It works for me for both occassional migraine and fibromyalgia "fog".
Anyway, icy cold coca cola with tons of ice help to dull things down. I believe the caffeine and ice, which freezes the brain a bit are the main helpers. But, if you don't mind coca cola, you might give it a try.

Yobeeone said...

So far today I've downed 1/2 liter of coke. I tried pepsi the other day, but it doesn't do squat. I only tried it because the coke machine was empty.

Coke usually helps tons. The trick is getting a hold of it. Isn't it odd how the coke has to be really cold? Warm coke just doesn't seem to cut it. freaky.

Judy: I wish I had some Excedrin Migraine. I used it once before and it did a good job. Hopefully, I can finally get to a store tomorrow and get some as a back up.

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

I keep a 12 pack of cans in the refrig just for that reason. I also always keep a lot of ice on hand.
May it be gone and never return.

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

Human urine helps sea urchine stings.
Bee Strings are proven to send MS into remission for many.

Maybe something about Jeff has migraine curing abilities?
I think y ou should experiment a bit here.

Yobeeone said...

I tried rubbing Jeff on my head and he kept giggling and saying, "Do it again!!! Do it again!!!" What I didn't know was that he had a poopie butt and my head was cleaning it up.