Saturday, August 2, 2008

tough shabbos

Shabbos rules bit the dust today when I went on an animal rescue. Bindi and Jeff were torturing a tiny bunny. By the time I got to him they had ripped all the hair off his left backend and some off his tiny neck.

I put him in the cat carrier along with two handfuls of clover and grass so he could make a little tunnel to hide and gave him some water. I just checked on him again and he's in his tiny hole.

Part of me wishes he'd pass on in the night. I can't imagine how much pain his tiny body must be in.

If he lives, I'll release him when his hair has all grown back and he's a bit bigger. The trick will be finding a place far from my cats.

Anyway, Tiger is back again tonight. He's asleep beside the futon in the living room. I imagine he'll stick around another day or two, get bored and leave for another couple months. LOL

Welp, it's after 11 and I'm off to catch up on blog reading and get to bed. Good nite!

4 comments:

Daniel Greenfield said...

hope he makes it

Unknown said...

Poor Bunny. I am glad you tried to do something.

Yobeeone said...

He's looking pretty good this morning. I need to get him out in the sun to help him up faster.

Mom's got some fencing designed to keep the rabbits out of the garden, so I'm going to make him a small cage around his cat carrier so he can get out and hop a bit. :]

Right now, I'm trying to cheer him up with Monty Python singing, "Always look on the bright side of life." LOL

Unknown said...

cheering him up might go better with lettuce and carrot!