Monday, August 4, 2008

Peter Rabbit

Sad news. Little Peter died. I checked his cubby this morning and he was lying on his side, not quite dead but getting there. So, I grabbed my pistol and shovel and carried him to my little pet cemetery.

I hate this job. Anyway, I told him it was time to sleep, lowered the pistol to his tiny head, looked the opposite direction and pulled the trigger. I hate this job.

The ground in the pet cemetery was too hard, so I buried him in a lovely spot down by the creek. I lined the bottom of the hole with some left over polyester fiberfill from my last project, placed his tiny limp body inside and covered him with more fiberfill. It made a nice cozy bed.

So that is my morning.

As for my brood. Tiger came home again this morning and I think I saw Bindi sneak across the road when I was returning from my run/walk. I'm not sure though. He hasn't come home yet and I've called him a number of times so it could have been him.

Whether or not it was, little Bindi is about to experience ball decapitation. LOL Mom's on holiday from being a Grandma in the schools, so I'm getting Bindi fixed while she's off. Talk about an unhappy camper, but it's got to be done to stop him from roaming.

Jeff could care less about adventures on his own now since becoming a eunich, so it definitely did him good. LOL

Welp, off to start my day. Make it a good one.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel bad about Little Peter but at least you made it quick and gave him a comfy place. I don't know if I could have done it and it needed to be done. I didn't know Jeff lost his jewels! Bindi will be happier not having to look for Miss Kitties!

My Road thru Life said...

So sorry about Peter. Poor lil Bindi. Well at least you won't have to worry about him fathering more kittens for you to take care of.

Yochana said...

It was horrible having to shoot the tiny fella. He had fought so hard to live when Jeff and Bindi were harrassing him. At least he's not in pain now.

Yip! Jeff lost his canonballs ages back. He was spraying the house like mad. After he was fixed he sprayed the house even more, but it was out of habit. It took a few weeks and he quit.

Bindi has been pretty content to stay home most of the time. He has 3 little girls to harrass, so he's been pretty happy. LOL Thankfully, 2 of those 3 are fixed. LOL