Sunday, August 10, 2008

Baby Bindi

Never never never never again will Bindi have surgery unless it is seriously life threatening. Poor little baby. He's taken it much harder than Jeff did.

Back when Jeff was fixed, I picked him up at the vet, looked in the carrier and saw two eyes glaring back at me. He wasn't a happy camper.

Bindi, on the other hand, looked back at me totally stunned. It was just like he was thinking, "You came back for me!!!!" He looked so relieved. :]

That was the good moment. It was all downhill from there. When we got home I left him alone in the living room long enough for me to get a drink, came back in and his body was twisting and distorting all over the floor. He looked like he was having a convulsion.

Welp, you know me and my cats. Total panic. I ran over, certain he was dying, and held him down till he quit. It was horrible. I was up all night. He was ok so long as I snuggled him.

There was one point in the night I thought he'd be ok without me, so I went to bed. Wrong move. He cried out and back I was to protect him. In the end, I tossed my sleeping bag down in front of the door where he was and the two of us slept there the rest of the night.

Shabbos was a little better. I let him outside. He was happy. :]


2 comments:

My Road thru Life said...

Poor lil Bindi. Sounds like he didn't take it very well, proor thing. I hope he's doing better by today and I hope you can get some sleep. Hugs.

Unknown said...

I thought you were leaving Yobeeland and so I haven't been looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel horrible. Poor Bindi. Is he okay now?