Monday, March 9, 2009

what a day!!!

"Welcome back, yo!" 

Yip!  I'm back!  Well...until I decide I'm vanishing again and then I'll be gone.  : )

Today was awesome!  I gave up on waiting for the temp to rise and headed out on my scooter to get groceries.  The drive was awesome.  For once, the wind wasn't making me feel like a sail boat with a broken rudder and sailing me all about the road.

The sky was blue!  There were flocks of birds pretending to be in a Hitchcock movie sending me ducking for me lil' life!  I'm sure the guy in the car behind found the sitch amusing.

After groceries, I dropped them off at the cottage and headed to bulk foods outside Athens.  At the top of a very steep hill an adult turkey vulture came off the ground at me as it tried to flee from a dead carcass.  Once more I ducked and tried to get away.  B"H, no one was in the opposite lane.

I rode for about 4 hours and came home to a meal of honey almond salmon and chips smothered in paprika and sour cream.  :]  It was a good day.  :]










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time and a really nice dinner too!
Purim Samaech

Unknown said...

Now that your "Scooter Lady" we will never hear from you...especially when the weather is warm.

My Road thru Life said...

WB You have been missed!!!! Sounds like you had a nice day. Do you have a long tall flag on your scooter so drivers can see you? I worry about you out on the roads. Enjoy the warm weather, it won't last too long. Hugs.