Wednesday, February 4, 2009

whew!!!

Jan. 30th I mentioned learning gemara.  I've learning it at webyeshiva.org.  Welllllll....I've been doing it without the actual book and trying to survive on printouts.  Printouts are fine if you're under age 10.  Two years from 50 and you want to stab your eyes out with a fork.

Just my luck the volume we're learning is the one I don't have.  So, Friday - I'd had enough.  It was close enough to payday to risk ordering a copy and B"H it arrived half-way through the shiur (class) Tuesday!  My eyes were so happy! 

(Judy, prepare to be confused)  :]  It's the Schottenstein edition.  Click here to see what the inside looks like.  It gives the translation, how to pronounce the words and lots of commentary to help you understand what's being said (it's complicated).  It's a lot like having a rabbi sit and learn with you.  :]

So today, is catch up day.  I've been lost the last 3 classes and haven't understood much of what's going on.  Now I'll be able to.  I've also put in to find someone to learn with me.  Hopefully I'll get a response. 

Outa here for a shower, exercise and eat. 

PS:  Spotty is doing tons better and stayed inside last night without being forced.  :]


7 comments:

mrsmel said...

Add me to the "confused" list! But I'm wishing you great luck and progress in the class. And, glad to hear that spotty is doing better.
Hugs!

Unknown said...

Boots and I are happy about Spotty! I think I would rather learn with a DVD and a teacher present LOL

Yochana said...

Ok Kat! I dub thee confused. :] And so am I until I finally get caught up with the rest of the class. :]

Anonymous said...

Glad Spotty is getting better.

My Road thru Life said...

I just think it's great that you've found something that your so interested and excited about. I think that's great. I'm glad to hear Spotty is doing better. Hugs.

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

I have Schottenstein edition myself.

Yochana said...

I love the Schottenstein. A friend told me here lately that at the Morristown yeshiva it's called "Artcheat" LOL