Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cat update

Dang!  Didn't realise I haven't posted since last Thursday.  I've been really wrapped up with Squeeky and Spotty.  Spotty had a set back.  His ear took a turn and had a big hole in it.  I used plantain to try and heal it up.  It's doing pretty good now.  He'll still be on antibiotics for another couple days.

Squeeky is Squeeky.  Her abscess isn't worse, but it's not really improving either.  Yesterday, I started applying plantain poultices.  Then today, I started making plantain washes.  You cook up the plantain leaves and use the liquid while hot (but not too hot) to apply presses on the abscess for 10 - 15 minutes.  I'll be doing that 3/day. 

I'll call the vet again Thursday if the abscess hasn't shown any signs of improvement.

The rest of my time has been working on mom's pc.  I think I've logged in over 8 hours so far trying to bring it up to par.

Welp, I'm off to finish my lunch!  Make it a great day!  :]

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I almost nagged you about not posting. At least Fairy Odd World gets something now and then so I know you are still alive! Keep us updated on Squeek and Spot.

Yochana said...

muuuhahahahaaa...

I've been really tired lately. Kinda over doing it and didn't realise it. Today has been a total waste. Can't wait till bedtime. LOL

Unknown said...

No biking either? The bike log is kind of sparse too.

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

Tanakh tells of the use of boiling figs in milk to make a poultice for abscess.
Phoenecians used a poultice using raisins boiled in milk for abscess on horses.
Just an FYI.

My Road thru Life said...

I'm sorry to hear about your poor cats. I do hope they get better soon and that the antibiotics and the poultices work. Good luck. Hugs.

Yobeeone said...

Lemon: Cool!

Judy: Yeah. I think the cats have aged me a good 50 years this month. lol