Monday, July 12, 2010

Power 90 - Day 2

Power Yoga Video Class Extended Side Angle Pos...Image by myyogaonline via Flickr
Totally underestimated today's workout - and that's an understatement.  When I watched the vid earlier it didn't look like the workout was going to be that big a deal.  I watched and never winced once.  Where every time I watched a Tae Bo Boot Camp vid, I winced through the entire thing.  So, the Power 90 In-Home Boot Camp sweat day was going to be nothing.  Ha!  The joke was on me.


I lost track how many times I had to hit the pause button because I was going at it too hard.  Glad I was alone because it was beginning to get embarrassing.


Another shocker was it's the first time I had chest pains when working out.  I slowed down considerably after that.  Kinda freaked me out.  

Any who, really liked the power yoga part & of course the "martial arts" part.  Power yoga showed me how inflexible I've allowed myself to become again.  Martial arts?  Bang on.  : ) 

Gave myself a 10 for today's workout.  I gave it my best and learned a lot about the shape my body is in.  I've obviously not been pushing hard enough in my own made-up workouts with my: total gym, gazelle, medicine ball and kettlebells.  Wait! Correct that.  Aerobically I haven't been going at it hard enough or at least not hard enough to keep up with the sweat vid for Power 90.

Also, left out what I learned yesterday about eating.  Going back to the P90x chart to track my food, & eating 3 snacks/day, not 2.  It should make a big difference & I won't overeat.  : )


So, tomorrow's workout is back to sculpting.  Note to self:  Keep watching that form.  Slow down. Focus. Breathe.  : )




Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

While Yo works out, Lemon will sit in the shade with an iced tea and a huge slice of apple pie and a television set on the "veg out channel".
Good luck with the program!

Yobeeone said...

I'm drooling. Apple pie....

On the other hand, my diet allows for 4oz of ice cream for dessert. MMMMMMMM............ : )