Thursday, November 27, 2008

good news...

I love good news.  :]  News like evil nephew will be leaving soon for National Guard training.  Too bad he's not going back in the Air Force...too bad he left it.  Too bad he'll be back after his training.

My middle nephew, Justin, will be going in the army in January.  He hates being in debt with school loans, so army was the way to go after he graduates from Hocking College next month.  Smart move, although I think he should have gone Air Force...they have better uniforms.  lol

Any who, I think every male should have to serve time in the military.  It should be here like it is in Israel - mandatory military service, both male and female. 

I envied all my friends getting to serve in the military after graduation.  I wanted in the Air Force really bad.  But, in '79 the military still had strict standards.  I had seizures and arthritis - that ruled me out.  Now you can practically get in if you're dying of cancer.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing where Justin gets posted.  It'd be great if he ends up at Fort Jackson in SC.  It's a nice place, nice area, I think he'd like it there and FJ is right by Walmart.  LOL

He'd hate the heat though, but you get used to it after awhile.  I also have friends there which would give him some off base connections.

On to another subject.  The cats have enjoyed Turkey Day.  They've gone through 2 cans of Friskies Turkey and Giblet dinner and loved every bite of it.  They ate better than me.  I had veggie soup and homemade biscuits.  :]

Welp, I'm off to see how close I can get to finally finishing my novel.  I'd hoped to be completely done by today, but this has been a mamash tough week and I haven't felt well (dystonia).

Catch ya later!  Hope everyone is having a great day! 



4 comments:

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

Answers to pray continue!! Evil nephew is going..going ..gone!

Hope your day was good and hope the dystonia makes a hasty exit from your life.
*smacks it with a broom*


okay. my word verification word of the day is Somodbec which means "Help there is a Moose in my Vegetable soup" in Polish.
No extra charge for translation. :)

Unknown said...

Glad the cats got to have Turkey. I love homemade biscuits so sounds like you had something good too. Dystonia sounds like crap...maybe even worse than MS.

Daniel Greenfield said...

well may he stay gone, you never know where you can end up once you go in

Yochana said...

Lemono: ROFL!!! Todd the mini-moose even liked that one. :]

Lo: I made more homemade biscuits for lunch. I put soy cheese in the middle....mmmmm.....absolutely delicious! :]

Sultan: amein.