Sunday, May 24, 2009

Yo - the missing link!

The big question!  Where have I been?  Sitting with maps shoved in my face.  Plotting.  Planning.  Taking notes.  Reading trail guides.  All that just to walk some 40+ miles of the Buckeye Trail by August.  lol



Last week I went to Burr Oak and walked part of the BT there.  It was mamash hot. The yellow blaze marks the beginning of the Robert & Mary Lou Paton trail, which also leads to the BT trail a short bit down the trail.  The pics I took of the blue & yellow blazes on the trees turned out blurry.  dang.

Anyway, I got a bit sick and had to fight my way home.  The heat is starting to play with my dystonia & Red Bull is about the only thing helping me with fatigue attacks.  LOL

Tomorrow is the Coleman Memorial Day reunion. boring.  I'm going just because it's at Lake Alma and I want to hike the 1 mile trail.  :)  IY"H, I'll get to go to Old Man's Cave, Tuesday.  There's a good 50 or 60% chance of thunderstorms.  I don't mind the rain when it's warm.  Feels good.

Anyway!  I'm off to the library.  Want to look up a bunch of plants and read more on snakes & spiders.  I know!  I could do it on the net, but I still think it's more fun with actual books.  :)

Have a fun Memorial Day!  And remember!  Don't drink too much!  Friends don't let friends drink & use canes or wheelchairs.  LOL





3 comments:

Unknown said...

So good to see you back letting us know what your are up to. Enjoy your reunion and remember it is to visit with family not hike off on your own!

My Road thru Life said...

What is BT?? Sounds like your getting around and it's been pretty hot for that hiking stuff. Tacke care and have fun. Hugs.

Yobeeone said...

Sorry there! BT is Buckeye Trail.

Since it takes me about 1.5 - 2 hours to get anywhere decent, I have to leave mamash early to beat the heat. It's helping that the temps are good early now. :)