Thursday, May 7, 2009

hmm....A Lemony idea!

Lemon posted this idea in her Cottage by the Sea blog. 

A place I love....well...if we pretend England and Disney World don't exist, then I have to go with Hunting Island State Park in South Carolina!  : )

I love it there!!!  I love the dead jelly fish on the beach!  I saw my first horseshoe crab there!  It was beached and upside down...but still alive. 

I love the saltwater marshes!

Speaking of crabs, I saw one doing something really weird on the beach!  I didn't know crabs used fishing poles!





I love watching the fishing boats. 

I swam with the dolphins!  Ok!  I was actually trying to chase them as they went past me, but close enough.




I nearly got swallowed by a giant, evil clam there, who had really bad breath!!!




I'd like to marry the lighthouse!  I love lighthouses!  Here's a quick sketch I did of the one there back in '97:




That's the other thing I loved.  I loved sitting on the beach and sketching everything in sight. 

So!  Lemono!  There's mine!  Bet you're wishing you never asked. LOL

PS: I used to go there nearly every month.





6 comments:

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

I love the drawings!!!!
Especially Mr. Crab.
Glad you joined in.
Carolinas are pretty.

I am thinking of making little memes once a week for people to join in. Its hard to come up with blogging ideas.

Yochana said...

Thanks! :)

I miss South Carolina. I miss Georgia. They're the two best places to live! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. And somehow I ended up in far from beautiful Brooklyn. ROFL

I seriously miss the saltwater marshes. The periwinkles on the sea grass. Crabs scattering everywhere while the tide was out.

I miss the fishing net and shells I used to have hanging over my bunk. (I couldn't afford a real bed, I ended up at army surplus. LOL) I don't know where they ended up. I move too much. lol

Unknown said...

Love the drawings. I miss not seeing all the places you have seen!!

Daniel Greenfield said...

that giant evil crab looks almost ready to tackle that lighthouse

Diane said...

I love the crab with the pole, tooo cute! I have never been to either place but they sound heavenly. Camping by the sea, now that would be fun.

Yochana said...

Sultan: The giant evil crab ate the lower half the lighthouse. That's why it looks so short in my sketch. (weird grin)

Diane: You've got to go to Hunting Island! Good chance of watching Bald Eagles fish and of course Osprey are a dime a dozen. :)