Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Trail that Led Nowhere...

Sexy Rex at Strouds Run!



Strouds Run is beautiful!  It's got a massive lake and perfect for birdwatching! 

The park's not so great when it comes to hiking.  I spent 45 minutes (give or take a few seconds) trying to find a trail that actually went somewhere and then trying to find trail heads announced by a sign.

I was really frustrated.  By the time I discovered a trail that had potential (of going further than 100 yards or so - there's 15.5 miles of trail), the sky had darkened with thunder in the background.  I had to leave...but not before doing something I normally would never do - I pulled out me lil' Swiss army knife and snipped off a couple fern fronds!  :) 

I ID'ed them when I got back.  One was a Silvery Glade fern and the other an x-mas fern.  They're drying in a book.  :)

Anyway, here's a pic of the first trail I tried out:




Looks impressive, doesn't it?  Too bad it didn't go anywhere.  Well, it did.  It led back to the road, about 200 yards away.  LOL

In spite of the frustration, it was still a pretty cool trip.  Why?  I got to drive about 40 minutes home in a downpour - it was a blast!  :)

Not sure if I'm going on any adventures tomorrow.  We'll have to wait and see.  :)




4 comments:

My Road thru Life said...

Sure sounds like your having a blast. I envy you. Keep the story and pictures coming. Hugs.

My Road thru Life said...

Forgot to tell you, your bike is really cool. I love it and would love to ride it. It's been a long time since I've on one. Hugs.

Yochana said...

LOL I'm having more fun than anyone should be allowed to have. :) It's a combo of celebrating my freedom and my legs working.

Yeah, lil' Rex is one cool little dude. :)

Unknown said...

Been meaning to tell you Cuy. Falls is like 45 min. north of me.