Monday, April 27, 2009

WOW! What a day!!!

Found a cruise that's better than anything I've been on yet!  Rt 143 to 50 to 278 to Lake Hope!  It was super!!!  But not near as super as the drive back! 

278 to 56 towards Athens, then 684 to the cottage!  278 to 56 was brilliant!  The road runs along creeks, streams and fresh water marshes.  There was lots of shade - a welcome relief from the burning sun.  There's loads of caves, over-hangs and sandstone rock croppings and cliffs.  Made me happy Rex only goes 35 so I could thoroughly enjoy the cruise!  :)

Lake Hope is right up there with my beloved southern parks.  It rocked!  Loads of trails!  Loads of birds!  A Great Blue Heron flew right in front of me when I crossed the road to see the Hope Furnace.  It must have seen me because it suddenly let out a long string of poop.  LOL

Anyway, I took pictures (nothing all that great) and will post some tomorrow.

Total miles on Rex as of today: 1395.5


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great ride!