Sunday, August 15, 2010

A grumpy sunday

This has been a pretty crappy weekend and therefore read no further because I'm goina k'vetch.  Actually, it's been a crappy summer.  The heat and humidity have been so intense that I've had to stay in to keep my dystonia from giving me fits.  

I miss the outdoors, which is why I'm k'vetching.  I tried going outside about 15 minutes ago, but it's still 87 at 70% humidity.  bummer.  I wanted to sit outside so I could sketch and paint.  Not happening.

Getting my Power 90 workouts in has also been tough.  Even with the a/c running and the fan blowing on me, the heat is still intense.  Of course, part of that could also be menopause.  LOL  Anyway, right now - I'm living for the first snowfall.  : )

On the interesting side, yesterday I was reading, "The Country Diary of An Edwardian Lady."  The diary is from her entries in 1909.  For August she said that it had rained most of the month, but in England it was the sunniest on record.  Sunniest = driest.  I'm sure somewhere there was probably a little idiot yelling, "Global warming!!!" rather than accepting the reality that seasonal tortures come and go.  : )

Anyway, that's my k'vetch for the nite.  tootles!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

yup, hot as hades here too. Far too humid. Didn't do the health any good.
Sounds like an interesting book and I am going to go look at it.

Yobeeone said...

I really like the book. I like reading what she did and all the birds, plants & flowers she saw. She paints what she sees and includes both their name & scientific names under them. It's practically a field guide. LOL