Wednesday, June 24, 2009

on my way to athens

Heading out to Athens shortly.

Pic of the Burrito Buggy, found on the corner of Court & Union streets, is posted to make the
Lemon homesick for Athens. No, BB isn't kosher, but there would probably be no Ohio University without it. Therefore - I post pic. : )

(History of OU, according to the Yo.) OU was founded in 1804. They chose Athens because there was this lovely place to eat on the corner of Court
& Union called the Burrito Chuck Wagon!

It proved to be a convenient and cheap place for the 2.5 students to eat at and in time, a f
ranchise of Burrito Chuck Wagons began. The franchise was started, as I'm sure you're curious to know, by the .5 student who tended to be overlooked because of his .5-ness.

And more trivia for enquiring minds - .5 used to be 1.0, until the Burrito Chuck Wagon's emergency brake broke and .5 of him was squished beneath it's tortilla shaped wheels.

Some say, the .5 of him squished
into the dust looked like salsa. So much so, that it took a good 3 hours before anyone was able to look at a burrito without thinking of him.

They buried the squished .5 w
rapped in a tortilla, topped with salsa and sour cream beside the University Gateway on the College Green.

So! See! There really would be no OU in Athens without the Buggy.

And now you know why I haven't been posting lately. I have nothing to say. (happy grin. yo saunters off to Athens.)


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a Kosher Burrito tonight and think about what you have just said. May you meet a Burrito Buggy sometime in the after life and give thanks LOL

Daniel Greenfield said...

leaving him only a fraction of a man

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

Ahh.. home sweet home.
Alma Mater Ohio.. alma mater brave and true.
Behind that gate is the circle where if a virgin walks across the entire campus collapses.

Those were the years of borrowed ID's and trips out of town..
oh, you're too young to hear the rest.

Yochana said...

Yes, he wasn't half the man he used to be. :)

Oh Lemon! How dare you post such stuff!!! Quick! I must stab my eyes out with a fork! ROFL

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

Actually I was campus goody two shoes, so your eyeballs are safe.
I on the other hand had no fun at all!

Yochana said...

too late! i already poked them out! They've been replaced by ping pong balls that Jeffie drew eyes on. It's all your fault that I look like a moron.

Chana @ Lemon Lime Moon said...

Well okay so you look like a moron but why should you look better than the rest of us? Huh? Can you answer that?
If I have to have a cartoon face, then so should you.Why? I don't know but in my world it seems somewhat wicked but logical.

Now.. shape up and tell us about your trip to Athens ir ha kodesh. lol

My Road thru Life said...

OU the party school is what I've heard. My son and my daughter were both up there a few times in the past for some of their weekend parties. I never wanted to hear what went on.

What are you going there for Yo??

Hugs.