Friday, July 10, 2009

Revenge is sweet

This morning the masked bandit family bit the dust. Jerry didn't answer his phone this morning, as usual, and he's heading for Cols for the weekend, so I shot them. Not Jerry and his wife - I shot the coons.

Surprisingly, it didn't bother me one bit. Last nite I'd stepped out onto the porch and all 4 started growling and charged me.

Then one slipped around the side of the cottage and I heard a cat cry out, which meant it got attacked.

Then this morning, one played Houdini and escaped. It attacked Jeff. So, after watching all that happened, I realised they really were the ones who killed the kittens.

That's what made it easy to shoot them. Revenge. I don't care what anyone says - revenge is sweet and I feel quite happy now.

That probably sounds cruel, but for the past few days Blackie has been scouring Little Bo's hangouts crying for him. It's heartbreaking.

On an interesting note. They killed 3 kittens. I killed 3 small coons, plus their mother. When I killed her, I said, "That's for breaking their mother's heart." And bang.

If I'd only listened to mom to begin with the kittens would still be alive. She kept saying shoot the coons. But nooooo, I had to be compassionate and tell mom I couldn't shoot or trap the mother because she had kids.

Oddly, she showed up with the whole family, got trapped and now they're gone.

It's nice to know I don't have to worry about the cats being attacked for awhile. I won't get into how much money I'll save in cat food, as they were eating everything that went out.

Now if the possum who showed up last nite behaves - we'll have some peace at the cottage. : )

 
 

4 comments:

My Road thru Life said...

Good for you! I knew those coons were up to no good and you'd better watch out for that possum too. Hugs.

Yochana said...

It was so nice to step outside last night and not a coon in sight. It was a nice safe feeling. : )

Lemon of lime said...

They can be vicious. I hear them fighting in the woods a lot, that awful screaming sound. I think they killed two cats I had.
But I'll never know.
I once had a family in the back, a huge male, I swear he weighed more than 50 lbs he was really big.
The rest of them ran up a choke cherry tree but he stood his ground baring his teeth at me.
They only ran off when Mr. Skunk made his noctural visit.

Yochana said...

They look so cute when they're little, but they're really nasty little buggers.

Mom wondered how I could stare in their little faces and pull the trigger - it's easy when they kill your kittens and try to bite you.